In the software industry, outsourcing software development is an extremely common practice. Whether to reduce costs, offset a lack of talent, or for faster project delivery, there are many reasons that outsourcing remains a popular and growing software development option.
When choosing an outsource software development company to partner with, there are many options to consider that are different versions of outsourcing.
1. Offshore: Simply put, the term offshore involves choosing a software development company in a completely different geographical location to partner with. Advantages to offshoring drill down to lower costs, a larger talented pool of candidates, and increasing support based on time zone differences. There are, of course, many other pros that we’ll get into on another day.
2. Nearshore: Nearshoring is a very similar concept to offshoring but involves a software development company in a region closer to you. Often, this is still cost effective and the proximity may allow for face-to-face meetings and fewer differences in time zones to synchronize times to chat.
3. Remote teams: In an outsourcing context, remote teams are a team of experienced programmers working for one company but fully dedicated to one project for a specific company. In many aspects, having members of a remote team on your team can feel as though they are a dedicated employee focused solely on your project or development tasks.
At LTC, we like to think of ourselves as a “hybrid” development team.
Well, for the purposes of definition, we are an offshore development company. Our main team of programmers is based out of the Philippines. They are a talented, communicative, and hard-working group of individuals who work in-house on a variety of projects for clients globally. What makes us different than the typical offshore development company?
1. US-Based Sales Team – Both our sales and project management teams are located in the Midwest – Onalaska, WI to be exact. We’ve been in business in the area since 1985, and we’re not going anywhere. Having a US-based team allows for quick and accurate communication, delivery assurance, and accountability.
2. Project Management Team – At LTC, we take communication off the plates of our exceptional development team and have you work directly with a project manager. Our US-based project management team manages communication between our clients and programmers, establishes goals and timelines, and holds our entire team accountable to ensure your project remains on time and on budget!
3. Ease of Communication – We pride ourselves on timely and responsive communication. With teams in numerous time zones, support is always there when you need it. We’re happy to meet face-to-face, chat over the phone, connect over email, or touch base over a messaging app. We understand that good communication is the key to long-term partnerships, and we will do our very best to ensure excellent communication during every step of the development process.
Looking for an experienced and affordable software development team? We would appreciate an opportunity to connect with you and establish a partnership. Feel free to contact us with your information, and we’ll be in touch shortly!